Before launching Perfect Fit Presentations LLC, Ag Economist and author Dan Manternach had been a top executive with four of the nation’s leading firms specializing in commodity market outlook and price risk management. Among Dan’s career highlights:
· As President of Professional Farmers of America in Cedar Falls, IA he developed strategic alliances with other firms that helped grow both the U.S. business and launch Pro Farmer Australia and Pro Farmer Canada, both still thriving today under independent ownership.
· As a VP at Sparks Companies of Memphis (now Informa Economics) he developed customized web content for client firms and also marketed the firm’s Multi-Client Research Studies.
· As VP and later General Manager at Doane Advisory Services of St. Louis, he edited the weekly Doane Agricultural Report, Ag Lender Magazine and 3 regional versions of “Farming for Profit”, a monthly news and market letter ag bank clients would send out under their own logo.
· As Senior Economist and St. Louis Regional Office Director for Roach Ag Marketing of Boca Raton FL, Dan delivers workshops around the country explaining “the Roach approach” to spotting buy and sell signals, its enviable track record and profitable use of the system.
Through his career Dan has taught as an adjunct instructor on price risk management at the University of Northern Iowa. He’s even served legal firms as a forensic economist in ag litigation cases alleging losses in yields or pricing opportunities due to breach of contract or faulty products. Other career highlights:
· Serving as consultant to the U.S. Grains Council on a trade mission to China
· Defending the beef industry on national TV in their lawsuit against Oprah Winfrey.
· Named “Ag Communicator of the Year” by the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA).
As Founder and President of Perfect Fit Presentations LLC, Dan’s focus is custom research and custom presentations “made to order” per client request for proposals. He does initial research, sends a draft proposal and then “tweaks” it with the client until agreed it’s a “perfect fit” to what they’re looking for.